Solar System Design Software - Best Tools for Efficient Energy Solutions in the UK
Solar power has become a well-known and durable option as the globe continues to embrace renewable energy sources. Solar energy is becoming more popular in the UK, as more people, companies, and organisations are attempting to use the sun's energy.
Innovative software solutions have become crucial tools for experts in the sector to help in the efficient and successful design of solar systems.
In order to provide solar engineers, installers, and project managers with the tools they need to design and optimise solar projects, this article highlights some of the best solar system design software currently available in the UK.
These software systems speed the design process, improve energy output predictions, and ease overall planning by combining cutting-edge capabilities, precise data modelling, and user-friendly interfaces.
Solar Labs is a cutting-edge software platform designed to streamline the process of solar system design and installation. With its innovative features and user-friendly interface, Solar Labs revolutionizes the way solar professionals create, optimize, and implement solar projects.
- Advanced 3D Modelling: Solar Labs has advanced 3D modelling features that enable users to construct precise representations of structures such as buildings, landscapes, and other objects. With the use of this function, solar systems may be precisely designed to maximise energy output while accounting for shade, orientation, and tilt angles.
- Site Assessment Tools: The platform offers thorough site assessment capabilities, such as mapping solar radiation, analysing shadow patterns, and integrating meteorological data. These characteristics aid solar experts in selecting the best location and solar panel size to ensure optimum efficiency and energy production.
- Component Compatibility: Solar Labs incorporates a vast library of solar parts and tools, making it simple for customers to choose and set up the goods that are most suited for their projects. The platform guarantees component compatibility, speeding the design process and reducing the chance of mistakes.
- Performance Simulation: Users may model how their solar systems would behave under various circumstances, such as diverse geographic locations, epochs, and weather scenarios. This feature makes it possible to anticipate energy yields with accuracy, enabling solar specialists to make wise decisions and improve system performance.
- The Lite plan costs $99/month paid annually or $149/month paid monthly. Basic project planning and report creation are part of this plan.
- The Basic plan costs $129/month paid annually or $169/month paid monthly. This plan allows for an unlimited number of residential and business projects.
- The Premium plan costs $169/month paid annually or $199/month paid monthly. Advanced processes, permissions and 3D exports are all part of this strategy.
Desktops, laptops, tablets, and cell phones are the devices that can utilize the Solar Labs software application.
Rating: 4.8/ 5
Ease of Use:
- Interface: Solar Labs has a simple interface that is user-friendly and intuitive, making the solar design process easier. Users are guided through every stage of the project, from original design to installation, via the platform, which offers a seamless user experience.
- Drag-and-Drop Functionality: Solar Labs has drag-and-drop capabilities that let users easily place solar panels, inverters, and other system components inside the 3D model. The design process is accelerated by this user-friendly tool, which also removes the need for laborious manual computations.
- Automated Sizing and Optimization: Solar Labs uses cutting-edge algorithms to automatically size solar systems based on project specifications and user-defined criteria. This automation lessens manual labour requirements and guarantees ideal system size for optimum energy output.
Solar Labs is only available in English till now.
SolarDesignTool is a comprehensive software platform that provides a suite of powerful design tools for solar professionals. With its intuitive interface and extensive database of solar equipment, it enables users to create precise and customized designs for both residential and commercial projects.
- Accurate Site Modeling: With the help of SolarDesignTool, users may make precise 3D models of sites, buildings, and the surroundings. This function ensures correct installation of solar panels for maximum energy output by accounting for shading, tilt angles, and orientation.
- Automated Layout Optimisation: Based on user-defined criteria and project limitations, the platform uses cutting-edge algorithms to automatically optimise the arrangement of solar panels. While taking into account elements like available space, shading, and inter-row spacing, it strategically positions panels to maximise energy production.
- Energy Performance Analysis: SolarDesignTool offers thorough energy performance analysis features that let users assess the anticipated energy output of their solar systems. The performance of the system may be simulated and examined under many circumstances, including location, climate, and system settings.
- Component Selection and Sizing: The software includes a large database of solar components, enabling users to choose and size the best panels, inverters, and other system components. It offers in-depth compatibility checks in real-time to guarantee flawless system functioning.
Estimated price per permit: $125+
SolarDesignTool software is designed to be accessible across multiple devices such as PC, laptops and tablets.
Rating: 4.5/ 5
Ease of use:
- SolarDesignTool leverages its algorithms to provide automated design suggestions and recommendations.
- The software allows for seamless collaboration among team members by facilitating project sharing and real-time collaboration
May not be suitable for large-scale solar PV projects with complex requirements.
Known for its powerful capabilities in solar system modelling and design, PVSOL is a widely used Solar system design software. Using variables including location, shading analysis, module orientation, and system design, this programme enables users to precisely anticipate the energy production of photovoltaic (PV) systems.
- 3D shading analysis: PVSOL allows users to create a 3D model of the solar installation site and analyze shade from trees, buildings, or other obstructions.
- Electrical design: PVSOL enables users to design the electrical system of a solar PV project, including inverter sizing, string layout, and cable sizing.
- Performance analysis: PVSOL allows users to simulate the performance of a solar PV system based on local weather data and the specific design of the system.
- Financial analysis: PVSOL includes a financial analysis tool that allows users to calculate the economic returns of a solar PV project.
- Full License- 759.59 GBP( Use 2D technology for precise and realistic PV system design.)
- Software Maintenance- 137.02 GBP( This annual maintenance fee includes all program and database updates.)
- Full License- 1,100.26 GBP( Get to use 3D technology for precise and realistic PV system design)
- Software Maintenance- 198.20 GBP( This annual maintenance fee includes all program and database updates.)
Windows Vista, Windows 7 (latest service packs each), Windows 8, Windows 10
Rating: 4.7/ 5
Ease of Use:
- Accurate simulation of solar PV system performance
- Allows users to optimize system design and orientation for maximum energy yield
- Provides detailed shading analysis to identify potential energy losses
- Includes a financial analysis tool to assess the economic viability of a solar PV project
Only available as a desktop application, which may limit collaboration between team members.
Solargis is an advanced solar radiation data and modeling platform that plays a crucial role in solar system design. It provides accurate historical, real-time, and forecast solar radiation data, allowing designers to precisely assess the solar energy potential of a specific location.
- Accurate solar Radiation Data: Solargis offers global sun radiation data that is quite accurate. It provides accurate sun irradiation numbers using a mix of ground measurements, satellite data, and atmospheric modelling, enabling designers to evaluate the solar energy potential of a particular site.
- Solar Resource evaluation: The platform provides thorough solar resource evaluation capabilities that let users examine past, present, and future solar radiation information. With the use of this capability, solar panels may be placed and oriented to produce the most energy.
- Shading Analysis: Solargis has the ability to analyse shading in order to find any possible solar panel-shadowing obstacles, such as neighbouring buildings, trees, or other structures. Designers can arrange panels optimally and prevent energy loss by knowing shade patterns.
- Calculating Energy Yield: The programme makes it possible to calculate the anticipated energy yield from a solar installation with accuracy. It provides consumers with accurate energy output estimates by accounting for a number of variables such as tilt angle, azimuth, geographic location, shading, and system specs.
- Prospect- Starting at € 2,400/ year
- Evaluate- Subscriptions starting at€ 6,000/ year
- Monitor- Starting at€ 1,000/ year
- Forecast- Starting at€ 1000/ year
Solargis is available on PC, laptops and tablets.
Rating: 4.5/ 5
Ease of use:
- Solargis provides a user-friendly interface.
- The platform offers intuitive tools and clear visualizations, allowing designers to quickly analyze solar radiation data and make informed decisions.
Access to Solargis comes at a cost, and the pricing structure may vary depending on the level of data and features required. This could limit its accessibility for individuals or organizations with budget constraints.
HelioScope is a cloud-based solar design platform that combines advanced modeling algorithms with real-world data to deliver precise solar system designs. It offers features such as aerial imagery integration, shading analysis, layout optimization, and performance modeling.
- Database of components: HelioScope provides a vast database of solar PV parts, including modules, inverters, batteries, and other things. Users are then able to choose the parts that are compatible with each other and are best suited for their project.
- Collaboration: The program enables collaboration and streamlines project management by allowing numerous users to work on the same project at once.
- Modelling a complex system: HelioScope enables users to build complex 3D models of solar PV systems that incorporate module layouts, shading analyzes, and projected energy output.
- Analysis of system performance: The program offers thorough data on system performance, including energy output, system losses, and overall effectiveness.
- Basic- £118.95 (For Individuals)
- Custom Pricing- For Teams and Companies.
Helioscope is accessible from any computer with an internet connection and a web browser.
Rating: 4.7/ 5
Ease of Use:
- Helioscope has been known for its user-friendly interface and intuitive design. It aims to simplify the solar design process, allowing professionals in the solar industry to accurately and efficiently create solar project layouts.
- Helioscope provides a visual and interactive platform for designing solar installations.
- The software also integrates with other tools, such as PV system design software and financial modeling software, to streamline the overall design process.
May not be as customizable as some desktop-based software tools
The UK's renewable energy sector depends heavily on software for designing solar systems. The ability to build effective and optimised solar systems is made possible by these software tools, which are a great help to solar specialists.
The design process has been greatly simplified by the use of such software, which makes it simpler to evaluate the viability and prospective performance of solar projects.
The UK's concentration on solar system design software includes a number of different areas, such as shading analysis, system performance modelling, financial analysis, and tool integration.
With the help of this complete technique, users may precisely model and simulate solar arrays in a variety of settings, resulting in maximum energy output and return on investment.
Depending on the particular programme used and the user's degree of knowledge, solar system design software might be more or less user-friendly.
Solar system design software will be essential in fostering innovation and enhancing the effectiveness of solar systems as the renewable energy industry in the UK continues to expand.
Solar experts may make wise judgements, improve system performance, and aid in the nation's shift to renewable energy by utilising these potent tools.