Solar PV Design Software - The Best Tools for Efficient Energy Solutions in the UK
Professionals in the renewable energy sector need solar PV design software because it enables them to precisely model, develop, and optimize solar PV systems.
With a growing number of homes and companies investing in solar PV systems, the UK is one of the world's leaders in the adoption of solar PV technology. A variety of solar PV design software is offered in the UK market to satisfy this expanding need.
These software programs provide customers sophisticated modelling capabilities, approachable user interfaces, and precise performance evaluations based on site-specific meteorological information.
In light of this, this article will examine some of the best solar PV design software available in the UK, emphasizing its main attributes and advantages for experts in the renewable energy sector.
There are several solar PV design software used in the UK, but some of the most popular ones are:
For experts in the renewable energy sector, Solar Labs is a software platform that offers cutting-edge design and simulation tools for solar PV systems. The program offers a variety of performance simulations based on location-specific meteorological data and is designed to assist users in creating accurate 3D models of solar PV installations.
- 3D Design and Modelling: With the help of Solar Labs' 3D design and modelling software, users can construct accurate 3D models of solar PV systems that incorporate the placement of panels, inverters, and batteries.
- Performance Simulations: The program offers several performance simulations, such as financial analysis, shading analysis, and energy yield estimates.
- Weather Data: To ensure that consumers have a true knowledge of the performance of their solar PV system, Solar Labs utilizes location-specific meteorological information in its performance simulations.
- Collaboration and Sharing: The platform enables cooperation and sharing of simulations and designs, facilitating communication among experts in the renewable energy sector.
- The Lite plan costs $99/month paid annually or $149/month paid monthly. Basic project planning and report creation are part of this plan.
- The Basic plan costs $129/month paid annually or $169/month paid monthly. This plan allows for an unlimited number of residential and business projects.
- The Premium plan costs $169/month paid annually or $199/month paid monthly. Advanced processes, permissions and 3D exports are all part of this strategy.
Desktops, laptops, tablets, and cell phones are the devices that can utilize the Solar Labs software application.
Rating: 4.8/ 5
Ease of Use:
- The software has a user-friendly interface, making it easy for professionals in the renewable energy industry to use.
- Solar Labs can save professionals in the renewable energy industry a significant amount of time by automating many of the design and simulation processes.
- Solar Labs uses advanced simulation tools and location-specific weather data to provide accurate and reliable performance simulations for solar PV systems.
Solar Labs application is only available in English till now.
PVcase is a specialized software platform created for the automated design of solar panel racking systems. Professionals in the solar energy sector may save time and money by using the platform, which optimizes the design of solar racking systems using cutting-edge algorithms and 3D modelling tools.
- Automated Design: PVcase automates the design of solar panel racking systems using cutting-edge algorithms, enabling quicker and more effective design iterations.
- 3D modelling: The platform gives users access to an interface for 3D modelling, which enables precise visualization and analysis of solar racking solutions.
- Optimization: Utilizing cutting-edge optimization algorithms, PVcase minimizes the amount of material used in solar racking systems, cutting costs and improving design effectiveness.
- Code Compliance: The program makes sure that all solar racking designs adhere to all applicable safety and construction rules.
In order to know the pricing plans, one needs to consult with PVcase personally.
A web browser may be used on a variety of devices, such as desktop computers, laptops, to access PVcase, a cloud-based software platform.
Ease of use:
- PVcase may greatly cut down on the time and resources needed for designing solar panel racking systems, freeing up specialists in the solar energy sector to concentrate on other crucial duties.
- The sophisticated optimization algorithms employed by PVcase may lower material prices, lowering the cost of solar racking solutions for consumers.
- Solar racking designs are precise and adhere to building norms and safety requirements thanks to PVcase's 3D modelling interface and sophisticated algorithms.
PVcase is a specialized software platform that is only designed for the design of solar panel racking systems. It cannot be used for the design of other solar energy components.
Architects, engineers, and other professionals use AutoCAD, a computer-aided design (CAD) program, to develop and edit 2D and 3D drawings. One of the most popular design software packages in the world, it is renowned for its potent tools and large variety of features.
- 2D drafting: AutoCAD is renowned for its powerful 2D drafting capabilities, which let users generate accurate and thorough drawings.
- 3D modelling: The usage of 3D modelling, which AutoCAD allows, enables users to develop and see intricate designs in three dimensions.
- Collaboration tools: AutoCAD has collaboration features that let several people work on a project at once, enhancing productivity.
- Customization: AutoCAD has a wide range of customization tools that help users design unique templates, tool palettes, and shortcuts to meet their unique requirements.
- £246 /paid monthly
- £1,986/ paid annually
- £5,958/ paid every 3 years
AutoCAD can be used on laptops and PC plus on mobile phone as well.
Ease of use:
- AutoCAD is an industry-standard CAD software program, widely used in architecture, engineering, and other design fields.
- AutoCAD's collaboration tools make it easy for teams to work together on a project, regardless of location.
- AutoCAD's customization options allow users to tailor the software to their specific needs, improving efficiency and productivity.
For AutoCAD to function properly, a user must have a powerful computer with cutting-edge graphics capabilities, which might be a barrier.
A 3D modelling software called SketchUp is popular in the building and architectural sectors. It is frequently used in conjunction with other solar PV design software to provide precise performance simulations for the complex 3D models of solar PV systems.
- Precision Modeling: SketchUp's precision modeling tools allow users to create and modify objects with precision accuracy.
- Push and Pull Tool: This tool allows users to create complex 3D shapes quickly by extruding or pushing 2D shapes into 3D objects.
- Dynamic Components: Dynamic components in SketchUp allow users to create interactive and customizable objects that can be used repeatedly throughout a project.
- Layout: SketchUp's Layout feature allows users to create detailed 2D drawings and presentations from their 3D models.
- SketchUp- £0/yr (Discover 3D modeling)
- SketchUp Go- £95/yr (Design & collaborate anywhere)
- SketchUp Pro- £245/yr (Create professional work)
- SketchUp Studio- £549/yr (For advanced workflows)
SketchUp can be used on PC, laptops, iPad and on smartphones.
Rating: 4.5/ 5
Ease of use:
- SketchUp's easy-to-use interface and intuitive tools make it accessible for beginners and professionals alike.
- SketchUp's powerful 3D modeling tools allow users to create complex designs and visualize them in three dimensions.
- SketchUp's compatibility with other design software programs allows for seamless integration and file sharing.
Due to its limited collaboration features in comparison to other solar PV design software packages, SketchUp is less suited for big team projects.
PVsyst was developed in order to design, examine, and improve solar photovoltaic (PV) systems.
It offers a wide range of features for modelling and simulating PV systems of various sizes, from small residential installations to large commercial and utility-scale projects.
The program takes advantage of extensive data on system components, shading, orientation, and environmental conditions to provide extremely accurate results.
- Solar PV System Simulation: PVsyst allows users to simulate the performance of solar PV systems, taking into account factors such as shading, temperature, and location.
- Data Analysis: PVsyst allows users to analyze and interpret data from solar PV systems, providing insights into their performance and efficiency.
- Design Tools: PVsyst provides users with tools to design solar PV systems, including the ability to select equipment and calculate the expected output of the system.
- Financial Analysis: PVsyst can help users to analyze the financial performance of solar PV systems, including calculating the payback period and internal rate of return.
PVsyst 7 Professional- CHF 600.-per year( Unlimited features and Unrestricted access to components database.)
PVsyst can be used on PC.
Rating: 4.7/ 5
Ease of Use:
- Due to the widespread perception that PVsyst's simulation tools are extremely accurate, it is a useful tool for forecasting the performance of solar PV installations.
- PVsyst allows users to analyze a wide range of data from solar PV systems, providing valuable insights into their performance and efficiency.
- PVsyst's financial analysis tools can help users to understand the financial performance of solar PV systems, making it easier to evaluate their potential return on investment.
When compared to some other solar PV design software program, PVsyst's collaboration tools are rather limited, which can make it difficult for teams to collaborate effectively.
In the UK, there are many capable and user-friendly solar PV design software packages. These programs include a variety of features and functionalities, such as tools for designing and simulating solar PV systems, financial analysis, and meteorological data tools.
Users should carefully assess their demands and select the software that best suits their needs because every program has advantages and limits.
However, with the appropriate software, the design and analysis of solar PV systems may be expedited, improved, and made more precise, eventually assisting in the adoption of renewable energy sources in the UK and elsewhere.